• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Offline Address List

Setup:

2 x Exc2003 Ent edition SP2 running on W2K03 SP1 fully patched
    1 x XP SP2 fully patched with Office 2003

Problem:

I have created quite a few test users and some have been assigned the contoso company name and some the fabrikham name and some no company name. I have then creted two address lists, one called fabrikham and once called contoso and filtered the company name accordingly. So now when I preview contoso I get all contoso employees and when I preview fabrikham I get all fabrikham employees.

I have now created an offline address book called Company offline and included the fabrikham and contoso address lists. I have assinged this as the mailbox store where my test account is.

When i log onto Outlook 2003 I get all the address lists but when I go offline I still see all of the address lists. I would thought I should only be able to see the employees who are either in contoso or fabrikham company but I can see everyone, including users who do not have a company assigned??

Anyone explain this?

Thanks

Michael

P.s. Obviously this is a test nextwork
    Michael Armstrong
    www.m80arm.co.uk
    MCITP: EA, MCTS, MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003: Messaging, CCA, VCP 3.5, 4, 5, VCAP5-DCD, VCAP5-DCA, ITIL, MCP, PGP Certified Technician

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Re: Offline Address List

This sort of sorts it out:

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=841273

It only downloads the address book every 24 hours unless you force it. But when I force it I only get the chance to download either the fabrikham or the contoso address book - I cannot download both

Is this how it works - You can only download one address list even thought you have the option of two??

Michael
    Michael Armstrong
    www.m80arm.co.uk
    MCITP: EA, MCTS, MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003: Messaging, CCA, VCP 3.5, 4, 5, VCAP5-DCD, VCAP5-DCA, ITIL, MCP, PGP Certified Technician

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

MMMmmmm

It only looks like you can have one address list for offline. I think the only way I can get around it is to find a query that will filter employees that are in both fabrikham and contoso company **EDIT** A filter of 'company present' seems to sort this out **EDIT**

I know I have basically answered my own question but It always might be usefull for other people.

If this is correct then please let me know so I can put my mind at ease??

Michael
      Last edited by m80arm; 11th July 2006, 18:31.
      Michael Armstrong
      www.m80arm.co.uk

Comment

Yes Michael, you can only have one GAL and only one Offline Address List, and I suggest you create one that's based on the "right" GAL, that way when the users go offline they see the exact stuff they saw when they were online.
        Cheers,

Daniel Petri
        Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
        MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

Cheers for that,

So basically you can only have one address list available offline - whether that is an actual address list of a Global address list?

I would of thought being able to have multiple address lists available offline would be quite simple to program

Michael
          Michael Armstrong
          www.m80arm.co.uk

Comment

Working...
          X