Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Block e-mails from sender for all recipients except one

Hi
    Is it possible in Exchange 2003 SP2 to restrict an incoming e-mail address for all my users except for one?

I'm guessing that it will be a filter of some description but can't seem to work out which type and how to set it up.

Many thanks

Re: Block e-mails from sender for all recipients except one

It would be easier to block for all users. In this case you can simply activate the Sender filtering for your virtual SMTP server and add the blocked email to the list.

Since one user should receive email from this address (let say [email protected]) it is clear that this sender could not be blocked at SMTP server level.
    Try the following:
    1. Create a mail enabled contact, let say BlockedUser with [email protected] email address;
    2 Go to the properties of your users, select Exchange general and Delivery restriction. Add the contact to the Accept messages from everyone except field.

I agree that step 2 can be a boring job if you have a lot of users.
    A good script could do it for you.
    Attached Files
    Regards,
    Csaba Papp
    MCSA+messaging, MCSE, CCNA
    Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate

Comment

Re: Block e-mails from sender for all recipients except one

Many thanks for your suggestion. I didn't think of doing it through AD, but that will work a treat. We don't have huge amount of users so the task won't be too tedious.

Regards

Comment

Working...
      X