Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OWA 2003 mail delivery problem

Der all,

I have configured my exchange network with 2 servers in FEBE scenareo, Configured SSL on frontend server for OWA 2003 access, enabled POP3 and SMTP on backend and aswell as frontend.

the problem is like i was unable to send mail to any external domains through OWA, i mail which ever is getting sent from OWA are getting stuck in message queue for a moent of time and later getting disappering. its not bouncing back to the sender nor getting delivered to the recepient.

all the configuration has been done according to the experts suggestions made in this web site.

plz help me to find out the flaw

thankx in advance

Re: OWA 2003 mail delivery problem

Did you track the sent OWA messages using the built in message tracking tool?
    Regards,
    Csaba Papp
    MCSA+messaging, MCSE, CCNA
    Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate

Comment

Yup, I have done that tooo... but its displaying an error message saying " The tracking database on XXX.XXX.com is not available or the message has left the exchange organization"....But i could see the the message sent is existing in the server's message Queue....and its not getting delivered until i restarted both of my servers...

plz help me

Comment

since the email is stocked by the que it is not seems to be an owa issue.

You told “But I could see the message sent is existing in the server's message Queue....and its not getting delivered until i restarted both of my servers... “ARE the messages delivered to recipients after the restarts ore they are just disappearing?

My filling is that or the Internet email smtp connector is missed configured or a firewall blocks your exchange server outgoing smtp traffic.

Please get back to us with more details.
        Regards,
        Csaba Papp
        MCSA+messaging, MCSE, CCNA
        Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate

Comment

Well...

Thanks a lot for your soon reply with a great hint,

I have done a configuration mistake by not configuring the SMART HOST option in the back end server and left the IP address fields in the SMTP servers to ALL UNASSIGNED.

Later after configuring the smart host and IP address fields in the SMTP servers to the proper IP settingsof the default server IP's it all started working fine.

Thankx a lot my dear friend

I am really thankfull for the help provided in time

Comment

Re: Thanks for sharing

Thanks for sharing your answer with us! I'm sure others will also benefit from knowing what was wrong and how you fixed it.

Cheers,

Daniel Petri
            Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
            MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

Working...
            X