• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• exchange on ADSL

Good day
    i want to know if some one tried exchange on ADSL yet , i suppose so
    i am in south africa and need to get it up and running on adsl
    all our other exchange servers are on diginet's
    please advise , what the differences is in exchange and just a good direction to go forward
    thanx

werner

I'm not really sure about what your question is. Exchange and ADSL have nothing to do with one another, so what exactly is your question? If you're asking if Exchange can use ADSL to accept and send email - then yes, it can, although for large setups I'd use a symmetric WAN connection, not ADSL.
    Cheers,

Daniel Petri
    Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
    MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

HI , thanx for reply
      what i want to know is : we are getting a adsl connection , i want to install exchange on the server and get it to send and receive.
      what worries me is the ip change every 24 hours ??

we have one email address : [email protected] , how can i setup exchange to work for different users on internal domain

thanx
      it is so different to the enviroment that we use now i am lost

Comment

HI , thanx for reply
        what i want to know is : we are getting a adsl connection , i want to install exchange on the server and get it to send and receive.
        what worries me is the ip change every 24 hours ??

we have one email address : [email protected] , how can i setup exchange to work for different users on internal domain

thanx
        it is so different to the enviroment that we use now i am lost

Comment

Go to your DSL provider and tell them you want a fixed IP address -- it will cost you extra

Tom
          Tom Jones
          MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
          PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
          IT Trainer / Consultant
          Ossian Ltd
          Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
          X