Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cant Access Exchange From outside

Hi,

Hope someone can help! None of our users can access the exchange 2003 server remotely. Trying to POP from Outlook 2000 gives me an error about the POP3 server not being found. Cant access OWA either. We had a power issue in our building yesterday, and the server unexpectedly shut down. I'm not sure if this is related or not. All the proper services seem to be started.

Cant ping our mail.domain.com address anymore either. Any ideas what could be going on here?

Thanks in advance,

Jeremy

Re: Cant Access Exchange From outside

To troubleshoot follow some simple logical steps:

1) Test POP3, HTTP, SMTP from within the LAN (you can use Telnet to the right port and see what response you get).

If this works, then there is no problem with your Exchange, but instead look for issues on your router/switch/NAT/ firewall.

2) If LAN testing doesn't work, look for the correct services, see if they're started, reboot the server, check for errors in the event log.
    Cheers,

Daniel Petri
    Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
    MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

Re: Cant Access Exchange From outside

Thanks much for the reply. I just found out that the company working on our website decided to point the DNS info to their servers, and we lost our mail records. All e-mail works from within the building, but nothing works outside. Guess this would explain it.

Comment

Working...
      X