Delivery Status Notification (Failure

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Delivery Status Notification (Failure

I am having a problem with one user on my exchange 2003 server... When you send an email to this email address the user receives the email but the sender receives an email from the system administrator reporting the message is undeliverable. The message from the system administrator looks like this:

Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients.

Subject: RE:
    Sent: 4/5/2006 4:14 PM

The following recipient(s) could not be reached:

Pete ***** on 4/5/2006 4:14 PM
    There was a SMTP communication problem with the recipient's email server. Please contact your system administrator.
    <mail.domain.biz #5.5.0 smtp;550 No such address>

I have already deleted the orginal user and have recreated the account and mailbox and still having the same problem with the new account.

Re: Delivery Status Notification (Failure

How is your email configured? are you sending mail using DNS or using your ISP's SMTP server. I know it's internal email your trying to send but i've found similar issues with mail when set to use mail using SMTP. When setting exchange to send using DNS it's fixed the problem.

Might be worth posting any Event log errors and codes which are logged

Comment

tmlt

I am using an exchange server... The domain name MX recorded is pointed to a public IP address on my network and that Public Ip is mapped to my internal exchange server IP address... The exchange server is also a domain controller... The outlook client is setup as an exchange client... Not exactly sure what you mean by when you say: "setting exchange to send using DNS it's fixed the problem".

Comment

Sorry I should have explained that a little clearer. If you go to Exchange System manager and navigate to SMTP connector (Admin groups>routing groups>first routing group>connectors). Right click properties on the smtp connector and you will be able to check the general tab for the option to use DNS to route emil or forward using smart hosts. I have seen issues when smart hosts has been selected and changing this to DNS resolves similar issues. It's worth checking anyway.

Comment

tmlt

I just added an SMTP connector to my exchange server and it is configured to point to my exchange sever and also configired to Use DNS to route. Unfortunaly I am still getting the same error message... This error message is only occuring with this one user.

Comment

Certainly is a puzzler this one. Have you tried recreating his user account with a different username/logon and different email address and see if this allows it to work? I'm guessing new users all work fine after they have been setup.

Comment

Working...
            X