internal email needs to go out same domain

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• internal email needs to go out same domain

Hi, just learning exchange, have setup a small test domain of 7 users, we have the domain externally for the website and email of "testdomain.co.uk" I have set exchange to retrieve pop3 email for each user on domain,
    the rest of the network is still on a workgroup and collects emails direct from ISP.
    I want to be able to send emails from the domain users to the none domain users, but exchange is only routing internally and the users on the workgroup dont exist because they are not part of the domain yet but could still get an email from isp.

E.G [email protected] sending to [email protected]

How can I set exchange to send to non workgroup people even though they are on the same external domain

Re: internal email needs to go out same domain

Your current setup is not recommended, and if I were you I'd do my best to fix the configuration and get them all into the domain + build them domain users + malboxes, rather than trying to keep the current configuration and try to work around it.

However, although highly not recommended, you could configure the SMTP VS on the Exchange box (from what you say I guess it's an SBS) to route all mail with unresolved recipients to your ISP.

Again, if I were you I woldn't go that way.
    Cheers,

Daniel Petri
    Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
    MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

Working...
    X