Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Outlook is on loop state or get me an error when my users try to read your email!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outlook is on loop state or get me an error when my users try to read your email!!

Hi everyone!!

I'm an Exchange 2003 admin. In the past monts i saw that in the Internet there are many viruses like this that are recent : [email protected] or [email protected]!enc.......

I have GFI MailEssentials and MailSecurity and we have Norton Coorporate Edition to protect mail, servers and clients.

Daily we are bombed whit lots and lots of spam email containing this class of viruses, the tools that mencion it we help us so much in the daily fight whit the SPAM, but when an email containing this viruses can bypass all my levels of security and filtering and arrive to the mailbox users, is when the problems begin.

My users reports that they can't send and receive messages via Outlook, specialy when they use POP3 to download your mail to Outlook, they say me that outlook make an error, an some times Outlook download many copies of the same email, aparently Outlook get in a loop estate, downloading the same email again and again.

The solution that i found to my problem was next:

Login to the mailbox user via OWA, and then the only thing that i do is delete the SPAM mail because is that email that cause the Outlook loop or get an error. When delete that email, the user is free again to use your Outlook in the same way that allways use.

Exists one better way to do this??

I hope that someone can helpme.

Since ya many many thanks.

Note: My Outlook Junk Email Filtering, works good, but for some estrange reason, this email get pass and arrive to the user mailbox.

When the mail is in the user mailbox the only thing that see the user is the text of the email, because the attachment that contain the virus is block by the antivirus and the filtering rules provided by the GFI Tools, but i think that is not sufficient.

I Appreciate any help.!!!!
    Is there a way to do this better than this?

Re: Outlook is on loop state or get me an error when my users try to read your email!!

Did you setup the Norton & GFI correctlly? Is there server & Exchange up to date? Did you consider to install a mail realy (Trend viruswall for example)?
    Why users need to work with POP3 today? Consider to stop POP3 service & close the port in firewall.
    Best Regards,

Yuval Sinay

LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/yuval14, Blog: http://blogs.microsoft.co.il/blogs/yuval14

Comment

Re: Outlook is on loop state or get me an error when my users try to read your email!!

Actually, i think that yes, the Norton and GFI tools i think that is configure at a good level of filtering.

I have a FE/BE Scenario, my Exchange Servers has for the moment SP1 whit all the fixes for the Inteligent Message Filtering, and has all the updates pre-SP2. In fact im in process to update my Exchange Servers to SP2, but is a procces that cant be as fast that i want.

Because my FE is a SBS 2003 and i have running another aplications too, i cant update whitout make some test to probe the correct function of the other software that i still running on the FE.

I know that the POP3 Service is a service that must be stop, but for the moment i cant stop because my foreign user uses this to download your email to Outlook, because the mail server dont have the sufficient HD space to keep all mail of my users, that was one of the reasons for i activate POP3 service, because the mail is stored on the computer instead of the server i think that this can be a good reason to maintain a POP3 service running but i start to make tests whit RPC over HTTP to use in a future.

By the way, my Intern users dont use IMAP or POP3 protocol.

I dont yet consider for the moment to install a mail relay, but can be a good option. Trend virusWall i dont hear about that, is a good option???
      Is there a way to do this better than this?

Comment

Working...
      X