Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Design exchange solution

Hello ppl!

thx for a great forum. I am gonna redesign my current mailsystem and install exchange all the way. I have been reading a lot of information but still some questions is left unanswered. I hope you guys can help me on the way.

In short, gonna have couple of BE servers running exc/win2003. And one FE running e2003 but on a win2000. I know that you can install e2003 on win2000 but i havent found anything about running a FE on a win2000 server. Have anyone heard of any problems? Since 2000 run iis5.0 and 2003 iis6.0 i would assume something will be different.

The reason for the 2000 server is all about money, otherwise it would be 2003 all the way.

Myself are a ccnp with some ms experience but this i need some assistance with!

Marty

Re: Design exchange solution

You can run your FE on W2K, but then if you'll ever want to use RPC over HTTPS for example, you'll need to reinstall. Another consideration is security, where W2K is really far less secure than WIN2003, especially the new IIS 6.0 component and all.
    Cheers,

Daniel Petri
    Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
    MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

Thx!

Yeah i really want to go 2003 all over but sometimes the moneydeciders thinks different.

Marty

Comment

Originally posted by mflopp
        Thx!

Yeah i really want to go 2003 all over but sometimes the moneydeciders thinks different.

Marty

Yes but this is your chance to explan the potential problems in using win2k over win2k3. Make them aware of the problems that you may encounter and how long it will take to re-establish your mail then i'm sure they will think twice about it.

Comment

Working...
        X