configuring Exchange 2003 server to accept .com e-mails for .local DC

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• configuring Exchange 2003 server to accept .com e-mails for .local DC

I need your expert advice/assistance while I confiugure my exchange server 192.168.1.5 to receive emails. I have a different .local domain for my active directory, but I wanted to receive emails for a different .com domain. I have Ironport C10 as my email server which also takes care of spam filtering and antivirus.

I wanted to configure exchange 2003 to use ironport c10 192.168.1.20 to relay outgoing email. Please advice me how to setup this configurations.

I also wanted to know how to create alias for a user.
    I also wanted to know how to create group email ID in exchange 2003 which will forward emails to all users associated to that group and doesn't keep any copy in that group email ID.

I have exchange 2003 installed in my DC server.

Thanks
    Deen
    Last edited by Deen; 10th March 2006, 07:01. Reason: changing title

Re: configuring Exchange 2003 server to accept .com e-mails for .local DC

Hi Deen,

Here is the link to download microsoft's exchange server 2003 deployment guide, in which u can find all the solutions you looking for like configuring SMTP, SSL, Relay's and so on,

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en

and from the below link you can download Exchange ser 2003 administration guide, in which the remaining topics like mailbox creation, assigning secondery SMTP addresses, alias names, OWA configuration and all

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...6-50D8AEEBD8A1

Wish u all success

Comment

Deen

in addition i strongly suggest and recommend that not to configure your exchange server on any DC in your domain this could lead to many vulnerbilities as i practically experienced, exchange 2003 have the facility of replicating AD usernames and Comp snap-in in any server u installed with DC.

it suggestable to install and configure exchange server 2003 on any member server.

Comment

Another good suggestion is to get your hands on the video from Trainsignal.
        it is video 18a and b you can find it on their website it is not to expensive.

i`ve learned a lot of this video

Marco

Comment

Re: Please help me! ASAP, configuring Exchange 2003 to accept .com e-mails for .local DC

Originally posted by Deen
          I need your expert advice/assistance while I confiugure my exchange server 192.168.1.5 to receive emails. I have a different .local domain for my active directory, but I wanted to receive emails for a different .com domain. I have Ironport C10 as my email server which also takes care of spam filtering and antivirus.
          See: http://www.petri.co.il/configure_exc...er_domains.htm

I wanted to configure exchange 2003 to use ironport c10 192.168.1.20 to relay outgoing email. Please advice me how to setup this configurations.
          See: http://forums.petri.com/showthread.php?t=7139

I also wanted to know how to create alias for a user.
          Sorry, RTFM, or get a good basic book or training video from Train Signal.

I also wanted to know how to create group email ID in exchange 2003 which will forward emails to all users associated to that group and doesn't keep any copy in that group email ID.
          This I don't understant. What exactly do you want to do?

I have exchange 2003 installed in my DC server.

Thanks
          Deen
          Sorry to let you know but installing Exchange on a DC is not the best method of setting up the server. I recommend using a different member server.
          Cheers,

Daniel Petri
          Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
          MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

Working...
          X