Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Share Sent Items & Delete Items

Hi Everyone One,

I'm trying to share sent items and deleted item from outlook 2003, I know how to share the inbox and calender via the open other user folder but the two items i want to share are not in the drop down list to select, Anybody got any suggestions.

Exchange 2003 - Outlook 2003 Enviroment

Many thanks in advance for any help

Ted

Re: Share Sent Items & Delete Items

Right click the folder and select SHARING
    Add the users you want with appropriate permissions

Other users should be able to add your mailbox through EMail Accounts / Advanced Properties and will see that folder

I dont think (someone please tell me otherwise) that it is possible to open a deleted or sent items folder from FILE--OPEN--OTHER USERS FOLDER

Tom

PS -- I'm curious as to why you would want to share deleted items!
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Thanks for the reply,

The reason why i want to share deleted items is to do with one of the managers of a department where i work wants to check up on her staffs email habits.

I didn't want to do it the way you've suggested because it's about 30 mailboxes she's wanting to check.

All the best
      Last edited by tedw; 9th March 2006, 11:50.

Comment

"The reason why i want to share deleted items is to do with one of the managers of a department where i work wants to check up on her staffs email habits."

Hi there,

How about a catch-all account with a filter to pickup emails sent/received by the 30 or so accounts that the manager wants to check? Of course the manager/staff are fully aware of the privacy issues regarding using company email system?!

HTH!

Comment

As you put it, this manager will spend more time snooping in workers mailboxes that do her own job.

An any user can simply shift-delete the "bad" items the moment they see that the snooping manager is out for lunch, or snooping over at the other 29 mailboxes.

There are many 3rd-party archiving tools available that will do a better job and make the manager's life easier. You could also implement internal Exchange archiving of the mail items to a dedicated hidden public folder with item retention of let's say 7 days.
          Cheers,

Daniel Petri
          Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
          MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

Working...
          X