Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OMA problem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • OMA problem

    Hello,

    I've configured OMA on my Exchange server to use ssl. However, when I connect I just get a blank screen. I've configured OMA to use ssl and my browser allows me to authenticate with my AD credentials. Additionally the browser shows that I've established a ssl connection but the screen is blank. I don't get any errors. Just a blank screen. See the attached document.

    Thanks,

    Duane


    Here's an update:

    I'm using forms based authentication. I followed the article on MCSE world regarding creating an Exchange Virtual directory to address the problem with Activsync and OMA with forms based authentication. However, I'm still having the same problem. In the event viewer I'm getting a 1503 error every time I access OMA. Here's the entry from the event log:

    Event Type: Error
    Event Source: MSExchangeOMA
    Event Category: (1000)
    Event ID: 1503
    Date: 3/8/2006
    Time: 8:03:23 AM
    User: N/A
    Computer: ROODAPP1
    Description:
    An unknown error occurred while processing the current request: Type 'OmaAdapters.OmaXhtmlCommandAdapter, Microsoft.Exchange.OMA.UserInterface' used as adapter not found. (E:\Program Files\Exchsrvr\OMA\Browse\web.config line 101)

    Stack trace:
    at System.Web.Configuration.HttpConfigurationRecord.E valuate(String configKey, SectionRecord section)
    at System.Web.Configuration.HttpConfigurationRecord.G etConfig(String configKey, Boolean cacheResult)
    at System.Web.Configuration.HttpConfigurationRecord.G etConfig(String configKey, Boolean cacheResult)
    at System.Web.HttpContext.GetConfig(String name)
    at System.Web.UI.MobileControls.ControlsConfig.GetFro mContext(HttpContext context)
    at System.Web.UI.MobileControls.MobilePage.get_Reques tingDeviceConfig()
    at System.Web.UI.MobileControls.MobilePage.get_Adapte r()
    at System.Web.UI.MobileControls.MobilePage.OnUnload(E ventArgs e)
    at System.Web.UI.Control.UnloadRecursive(Boolean dispose)
    at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestCleanup()
    at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest()
    at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context)
    at System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.Htt pApplication+IExecutionStep.Execute()
    at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionS tep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)

    For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by duane; 8th March 2006, 14:16. Reason: Update

  • #2
    Re: OMA problem

    Try to temporarily disable SSL and FBA on the Exchange, OMA and all other virtual directories. See if it works.
    Cheers,

    Daniel Petri
    Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
    MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: OMA problem

      Thanks Daniel. I'll try that. I'm also going to try this fix:

      http://support.microsoft.com/default...en-us%3B817311

      I'm running Exchange 2003 Enterprise Edition on W2K3. This article references what I'm seeing in the event viewer.

      I'll post the result.
      Last edited by duane; 9th March 2006, 14:19.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: OMA problem

        Here's an update:

        I disabled forms based authentication and I still have the same issue and error condition. The above article recommends reinstalling Device Update 2.0. However, when I do I get a 1720 error related to the Windows installer.

        I have yet to update Exchange 2003 to SP2. Will installing the service pack update the .net framework and device update? BTW, I do have w2k3 sp1 installed.
        Last edited by duane; 9th March 2006, 14:30.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: OMA problem

          Hereís another update. I just updated exchange 2003 to SP2 and Iím still getting the same result. It doesnít matter whether I connect using https:// or http://. I still get a blank page and get the same error in the event log. If I try to run the device update 2.0 install again (as per KB817311 which addresses exactly this problem), I get a windows installer error message and I canít get past it. Iíve run out of things to try. Does anyone have any more ideas? Much appreciated.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: OMA problem

            I know it's a late answer to this thread, but a fellow MVP (Lee Mackey) pointed out the answer, so I thought I'd share it with you:

            All you have to do is to re-install the Device Update 4.0 (Current Version) then go into Exchange System Manager and uncheck Enable Unsupported devices in the Mobile Services Properties. Then you need to hit Apply, and then recheck it, then hit apply again. That will fix the issue you've described.

            HTH
            Cheers,

            Daniel Petri
            Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
            MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: OMA problem

              Bless you Daniel!!! I just spent the last two hours repeating several of the other articles and resetting the virtual directories.... this has been an issue for us off and on for the last year.

              How ridiculous that I couldn't find something so simple earlier. For everyone out here reading this post... THIS is one great reason that we should help each other out.

              Marvin

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: OMA problem

                Glad I could help! Thanks for sharing.
                Cheers,

                Daniel Petri
                Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
                MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

                Comment

                Working...
                X