Adding a peer Email Server

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adding a peer Email Server

I have a client who wants to have Web Access above OWA abilities - namely they want remote admin capability via the web. This client would like to be able to add, update and delete user accounts like they can do from one of their executives' broadband (Cable-ISP) personal home account. This guy showed me where his ISP provides him the ability to add, configure and manage up to 15 personal email accounts via a web interface. This service also provides a web email client interface that's pretty slick. Looking into the pages I find the company is using IMAIL. I am considering adding an IMail server and running it as a peer within my AD and having both servers. Has anyone ever done something like that? Are there any pitfalls? Are there other solutions/suggestions? BTW - we currently are running Exchange 5.5 on a Win2K AD having about 8 or so hosted domains.

Thanks - Zolo

Terminal Services?

Tom
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
    X