EX "not operational" and cant manage attributes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EX "not operational" and cant manage attributes

this is frusrating... i installed EX 2003e on a 2003 server last week. i ran EXSP1 and EXSP2 and then proceeded to create a mail address for myself and a test user. they worked...

well, something has changed because now when i try to create a new address it hangs at 60% and then fails with an error in XML that isnt displayed totally right on server 2003, but the comment its supposed to display is "the server is not operational"

what does that mean? the stores are mounted, all the drives are available, the SMTP is active... i can elnet in an get a response and send myself a test message.. i see it in the que but i cant create any attributes... and now to complicate the problem, i tried to "remove exchange attributes" from myself, and it passed. so i can remove attributes, and i cant replace them...

and the last part.. can i just uninstall exchange and reinstall it, or will i have to /removeorg after uninstalling exchange? i havent got anything to back-up so can i just do a fresh install without having to re-domain/forestprep?

sorry.. i cant understand what happened at this point and im frustrated.. i would just like to restart the install without having to reprep everything.. but i will if i should.
    its easier to beg forgiveness than ask permission.
    Give karma where karma is due...

Re: EX "not operational" and cant manage attributes

Can you provide the full error message that you get? & also the output of ipconfig /all please?
    Best Regards,

Yuval Sinay

LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/yuval14, Blog: http://blogs.microsoft.co.il/blogs/yuval14

Comment

Re: EX "not operational" and cant manage attributes

i would, but low and behold the next day it was functioning and hasnt stopped since. i dont know what caused the problem... i was almost going to uninstall it, and i decided to run domain prep again (for what reason other than frustration i dont know) and then i went home. came back 2 days later and it was working... go figure.

thanks for your patience... im pretty new to EX, but i learn quickly. everything is going just like a petri article.
      its easier to beg forgiveness than ask permission.
      Give karma where karma is due...

Comment

Working...
      X