Creation of users/name email format

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Creation of users/name email format

Ive recently set up an exchange server. Its EX2003 enterprise on a 2003 enterprise server. this is the first exchange server in the domain, and no email accounts have been created. (they shouldnt have, should they?)

i can create mailboxes individually, but we have about 500 users and this is gonna get old...

i want to use the LDIFDE tool to import the users from AD into Exchange, but by default exchange wants to create the email account like their AD signon name, like: james haynes becomes [email protected]. i would like the email to be created like [email protected]...

so where can i change the way it string formats or how can i include the desired format with the LDIFDE tool?
    its easier to beg forgiveness than ask permission.
    Give karma where karma is due...

Re: Creation of users/name email format

Hello,
    Exchange 2000/2003 is Active Directory integrated. So, Exchange uses AD for user related informations. There is no need and also no way to import users from AD intoo Exchange.
    What do you have to do?
    1. Define a recipiant update policy based on http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=285136 or
    2. Use ADModify (http://www.msexchange.org/articles/A...ttributes.html)

Regards,
    Csaba
    Regards,
    Csaba Papp
    MCSA+messaging, MCSE, CCNA
    Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate

Comment

Re: Creation of users/name email format

your right, import is a poor choice of words. i mean to say i want to populate my addy lists with a txt list from AD...

no bother, your links answer my question perfectly.

thank you.
      its easier to beg forgiveness than ask permission.
      Give karma where karma is due...

Comment

Working...
      X