No announcement yet.

Allow user to send from multiple addresses

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Allow user to send from multiple addresses

Hi, I've recently moved our office email to Exchange on SBS 2003.
    So far it's going great, we have a catchall pop box is used for the incoming mail on our domain.

However in the days before Exchange I had my desktop Outlook pick up email from a few different POP accounts for different domains
    and when writing an email I could set which account it would be sent by. So essentially I was running a few different mail accounts from one Outlook.

How can I set this up in Exchange? I would like to be able to have my email from these other POP accounts delivered to my Exchange folders, or have a new set of folders created for them, plus in Outlook have the option of choosing which account I am sending a message from.

Thanks for your tips guys

Re: Allow user to send from multiple addresses

Well you can't, because even if you give the user 10 email addresses tochoose from, when they put the right address in the FROM box, it will still send mail as their primary address.

To work around, you can create additional users, with mailboxes, and correct email addresses, then grant the user FULL MAILBOX ACCESS to these users' mailboxes, and let the user specify the FROM value.

You can also use the SEND AS permission if you only need to be able to send email, but don't want to be able to open these mailboxes.

You can also do the same with a mail-enabled Public Folder.

Daniel Petri
    Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services