Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Exchange 2003 - User need 2 mailboxes (2 email addresses)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exchange 2003 - User need 2 mailboxes (2 email addresses)

I am using exchange 2003 and client is outlook 2003.

I have to create an e-mail account mailbox enable and then assign it to an user who has her own account and mailbox.

I dont know how to create an e-mail address which is mailbox enable without user creation.

I also need to have auto reply to any mail sent to this email address.

Please help on how to go about it.

Thanks.

Re: Exchange 2003 - User need 2 mailboxes (2 email addresses)

In Ex2000/2003 a user can only have one mailbox, and a mailbox must have a user. You can, if you must, create more users with mailboxes, and give the first user permissions to use the other users' mailboxes.
    Cheers,

Daniel Petri
    Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
    MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

Thank you very much for your immediate response. How would I make sure the auto reply will be replying to only this e-mail address and not the user e-mail address?

Comment

Hello,
        Based on Daniel's advice, you can create a new user, let say aaa. Create a mailbox for aaa. Log on to a desktop comp, as aaa and activate auto replay using Outlook 2003 Out of office manager.
        Give permissions to one or more users to open aaa mailbox as adition mb. You can also forward aaa emails to a public folder, distribution list or to a particular user.

I hope my advice is useful.
        Regards,
        Csaba
        Regards,
        Csaba Papp
        MCSA+messaging, MCSE, CCNA
        Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate

Comment

Originally posted by mariamislam
          I am using exchange 2003 and client is outlook 2003.

I have to create an e-mail account mailbox enable and then assign it to an user who has her own account and mailbox.

I dont know how to create an e-mail address which is mailbox enable without user creation.

I also need to have auto reply to any mail sent to this email address.

Please help on how to go about it.

Thanks.
          I just saw that perhaps I didn't understand you correctly. If you want more than one MBX per user, use my previous answer.

However if you want to have more than one e-mail address (not MBX) per user, you can just add it in the E-mail addresses tab on the user's prperties in Active Directory Users and Computers.

As long as the domain name (the name AFTER the @) is the same as the usual name you'll be able to receive email sent to that address.

If the domain name is different (i.e. you have aaa.com and now want to also use bbb.com) then you need to read the following article:

http://www.petri.com/configure_excha...er_domains.htm
          Cheers,

Daniel Petri
          Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
          MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

If you are using 2 separate mailboxes you can view both through Outlook without logging between accounts. Lets say that account 1 is the primary and account 2.

When you are logged in as account 1 right click on the "Mailbox - Account 1" and choose properties. Under the General tab select advanced. Then select the Advanced tab and click on add and enter account2 as the additional mailbox. From there you may need to login as account 2 and setup the sharing on the folders so account 1 has access to them but I forget off hand what those setting need to be. I think I shared my second account with the first being the owner on all of the folders in account 2.

Hope this helps,

Clendeni

Comment

If I have give a user permissions to open another users mailbox (so I can have a user receiving mail from serveral addresses) how can I allow that user to choose which account he is sending a particular message from?

Before I have had outlook set up with several pop accounts and when you write a message there was an accounts dropdown button to choose what addy you were mailing from. Wondering how I can get a similar feature?

Comment

When you are writing an email in Outlook. Select the View Menu and check the From Field. Once you do this you can change who the message is sent as.

Clendeni

Comment

Working...
                X