Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rookie Exchange Question

Hi,
    I would like to add a few 'Resources' to our Exchange system What we are looking to do is add conference rooms, lab equipment etc, all of the general stuff a company has and would 'schedule'.

I understand the there are a couple of different ways to do this but we would like the items to be accessable through a Calendar on the Exchange system.

Suggestions are apprieciated

Pete C

Re: Rookie Exchange Question

OK I figured a few things out

I created a new OU in Active Directory to house the resources and at the same time created email accounts for the resources. I then logged into Exchange using the resource account and set permissions for the resource.

Once all of this was accomplished, users could 'schedule' the resource using the calendar function and set a meeting function. The Free/Busy information update and everything was great.

One thing I found was that if a user was configured to use OWA or Outlook over RPC, Exchange would not allow the remote user to 'book/schedule the resource'. In my hunting I did run across an update from MS concerning this. I will track it down and follow up.

THanks

Comment

Re: Sync OMA Treo 700 Cert Errors

Thanks for sharing your answer with us! I'm sure others will also benefit from knowing what was wrong and how you fixed it.

Cheers,

Daniel Petri
      Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
      MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

Re: Rookie Exchange Question

yes, thanks for sharing your solution - it really helps those of us rookies who DO KNOW how to use that nifty search function!

Comment

Working...
        X