No announcement yet.

my exchange is blacklisted!?

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my exchange is blacklisted!?

i ve an exchange server with sp2
    yesterday i ve send an email to a colleague.

i ve received the following mail:

"Certains des destinataires ou tous les destinataires n'ont pas reçu votre message.

Objet*: Devis STMC
    Date*: 14/02/2006 18:26

Impossible de contacter le(s) destinataire(s) suivant(s)*:

Teddy LAI [email protected] le 14/02/2006 18:26
    Vous n'êtes pas autorisé à envoyer de message à ce destinataire. Pour obtenir une assistance, contactez votre administrateur système.
    < #5.7.1 smtp;550 5.7.1 Rejected: myfixip listed at>"

how can i solve my mistake ?

Re: my exchange is blacklisted!?

Contact Spamhaus. You can appeal to be removed from the list at this address:

It is possible that your IP block has been blocked. It's not unheard of for an ISP's entire range to be blocked, especially if your ISP does little or nothing to keep spam/open relays out of their network.

Ultimately, if you want to be removed there is little else you can do other than following the instructions at the link I've provided.

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

First off you need to disconnect your exchange box from the net and stop sending messages, stopping the SMTP service should suffice for this.

Next is to Virus scan your entire network to ensure that you have no viruses on any machines under your control.

Then you need to disbale relaying on your server. Securing your Exchange Server

In the meantime contact spamhaus to get your IP removed.

This sounds like issues of open relay. You must have configured the SMTP Virtual Server properties wrongly.

If you look at the relay restrictions, you have:

1. only the list below

2. All except the list below.

You might have chosen 2 which means that any Jim and Jack our there can use your exchange to relay spam. In short your exchange became a spam server.

On how to resolve this? Follow what others have said and choose option 1 on the access restrictions.

Have a good day