No announcement yet.

delegate Helpdesk team to create email account

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• delegate Helpdesk team to create email account

Hi All,

I want to allow Helpdesk team to create new user with email account.

I use "Delegate Control" wizard and selected "create, delete and manage user accounts" - this does not work cos the new user does not have a mailbox.

- What is the correct delegation attributes or permissions that I should select?

- I think I need to set security permission at the exchange server to allow Helpdesk team permission to view and add user account to a mailbox. Is this correct? If so, what are the settings?

Thank you.

Re: delegate Helpdesk team to create email account

Hi All,

Just want to say that I figured it out after some testings.

If you are interested, this is what I did

1. Open ADUC, goto to the selected OU, run Delegation wizard> add Helpdesk team > select Custom task to delegate > select the following objects in the folder > tick User objects > tick both Create and Delete selected objects > tick all the permissions in the General , Properties specific and Creation/Delection of blabla..

2. Open ESM and delegate Exchange View Only Administrator to Helpdesk team.

3. Open ADUC again, goto to your group OU, run Delegation wizard and delegate Modify the membership of a group - this is because besides creating the email account, I also want Helpdesk team to add group membership.

4. create Taskpad for Helpdesk team to use as the console for creating email account.