Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OWA

hello, i have the next problem:

i setup OWA on my exchange 2003 server but when i try to log on like this https://www.mydomain.com/exchange it is ok, when i try like this: https://www.owa.mydomain.com it give me the next error: Under Construction To access IIS Help
    Click Start, and then click Run.
    In the Open text box, type inetmgr. IIS Manager appears.
    From the Help menu, click Help Topics.
    Click Internet Information Services

Please help me

So? Why not do what it tells you? You might even learn a tihng or two while you're there...

Anyway, in order to use HTTPS (or SSL) you need to setup the website to have a certificate and to use it. Follow the tip found on my site (use the search bar) and see how to properly do it.
    Cheers,

Daniel Petri
    Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
    MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

OWA

I did setup the website for HTTPS, and it is working, but only like this
      https://mydomain.com/exchange

i want to do it like this HTTPS://OWA.MYDOMAIN.COM

that is my problem

Comment

Oh, ok. So in that case you need to setup a new virtual server in IIS, make it use the host header you want - owa.blah.com - and configure it to use SSL. Next, point it to the blah.com/exchange virtual directory on the default website.
        Cheers,

Daniel Petri
        MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

can you give me more details because i've tried and it doesn't work
          thanks

Comment

First create a new virtual website.

Then set the host header on the new site you created...

Then set the home directory to redirect to the url you want...

One caveat to this is that you can't use host headers if you're using 1 IP, SSL and >1 website. This is because the header of the HTTP request is encryted and can't be read to be forwarded to the correct website. Therefore all encrypted headers will always default to the default virtual website unless you're using a different port for SSL on each website.

If you need to use more than 1 site, SSL, and host headers you need to look at Content Management Server Enterprise Ed. but keep in mind it's $25k.
            Andrew

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Well said! No if you'd only add a detailed step-by-step guide and send it to me I'll upload it to the site (with credits of course).
              Cheers,

Daniel Petri
              MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

owa

thanks, it worked

Comment

Re: owa

Originally posted by DJ-BLADE
                  thanks, it worked
                  No problem. I'm always glad to help.
                  Andrew

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
                  X