Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to disable Domain Admin Rights from mailboxes.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to disable Domain Admin Rights from mailboxes.

Hello all,

I have this problem about the Domain Admins and reading mailboxes without any authenciation.

If there a way to disable the domain admins from opening the mailboxes?

I know there is one way to do this and that is the send and receive rights disablen, but what other domain admin account like a backup account?
    This account needs also rights for backup the mailboxes and i think that will not work when i disable the send and receive checkbox.

And does anyone know at what level these rights must be given? At the mailbox-store or higher in the AD.

Hope that someone can help me.

Thanx in advance.

Grtz Hyperion.

Re: How to disable Domain Admin Rights from mailboxes.

Hello,

By default Domain admins, Enterprise admins have Denied Full Mailbox access.
    Security can be set at individual mailbox level, administrative group level and organization level.
    The security tab in System Manager is not activated by default.
    Here is the link how to activate it:

http://computerperformance.co.uk/Reg...s_exchange.htm

You can also use ADSI Edit from support tools to control the security at administrative group and organization levels.

Regards,
    Csaba
    Regards,
    Csaba Papp
    MCSA+messaging, MCSE, CCNA
    Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate

Comment

Re: How to disable Domain Admin Rights from mailboxes.

I bet "someone" placed the domain admins group in the Exchange Domain Servers or Exchange Enterprise Servers groups... I've seen this happen more than once where silly admins thought that THAT is the way to grant themselves mailbox rights...

Cheers,

Daniel Petri
      Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
      MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

Working...
      X