Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• question

hi all guy !!
    i have 1 server 2003-sp1 with AD , 1 Mail server 2003-sp1 with Exchange 2003-sp2
    my mail system is "mail offline"

i user GFI- MailEssentials program to download mail from domain (i hired it )

i want to ask you
    ----> What happen ? if i use Yahoo mail or another email domain , sent a message to email address , do not exist in my domain! where do it go?
    I want it will automatic sent to the email (assigned by me) .how do i configure it in exchange?
    Last edited by blackip; 7th February 2006, 01:55.

Re: question

1) Please use a better message topic next time. The word "Question" does not tell us about what the question is, you're lucky if someone will ever look at it.

2) I'm not sure I understand, but see this:

How to create a "catchall" mailbox sink for Exchange 2000:
    http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-us;324021
    Cheers,

Daniel Petri
    Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
    MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

I always thought that messages that couldn't be delivered were sent to the badmail folder.

Comment

Originally posted by wullieb1
        I always thought that messages that couldn't be delivered were sent to the badmail folder.
        Errr... no. Badmail is used when the message cannot be sent (i.e. bad recipient) and an NDR cannot be generated (i.e. bad or fake sender).

Messages destined to recipients that do not exist trigger an NDR, and the message is discarded.
        Cheers,

Daniel Petri
        MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

Originally posted by danielp
          1) Please use a better message topic next time. The word "Question" does not tell us about what the question is, you're lucky if someone will ever look at it.

2) I'm not sure I understand, but see this:

How to create a "catchall" mailbox sink for Exchange 2000:
          http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-us;324021
          sorry about my topic !! it will be better next time!

your infomation describes how to create an event sink to capture all e-mail messages that are sent to a particular domain, and then direct them to a single mailbox
          but i don't want to capture all e-mail messages !
          i only want capture messages which were sent to address does not exist in my domain!!

for Example: i use yahoo mail : [email protected] sent a messages to my domain with e-mail address : [email protected]
          this e-mail address does not exist in my domain !!

i want to configure exchange ...will automatic forward that message to the email address which assigned by me -=---->([email protected])

how can i do that without create script ??

Comment

Originally posted by danielp
            Errr... no. Badmail is used when the message cannot be sent (i.e. bad recipient) and an NDR cannot be generated (i.e. bad or fake sender).

Messages destined to recipients that do not exist trigger an NDR, and the message is discarded.
            Ahh well wrong again eh!!!!

Thanks for clearing that up.

Comment

As I said, your original post did not explain the problem well. Anyway, the CATCHALL mailbox doesn't catch ALL incoming mail, just those that do not exist.
              Cheers,

Daniel Petri
              MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

Working...
              X