No announcement yet.

outlook mobile access & public folders

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• outlook mobile access & public folders

i am wondering if it is possible to configure "outlook mobile access" to allow users to view public folders, such as shared contact information etc.

I am currently using exchange server 2003 with sp2.

Re: outlook mobile access & public folders

let the moblile be sychronized with the MS Outlook to download all ur mails and calander.

Or else, create a VPN connection that you can access it from your mobile and do whatever you want to do in your intranet.

HND: Higher National Diploma in
    Computer Science(IT)

MCSA+Security 2003, VCP3, VCP4
    Done:VMware DSA

Hi habibalby

Thanks for answering.

Perhaps i should have explained the situation a little better. I have a couple salesmen in the field that need access to a shared sales contacts and shared office diary. This is the reason why they are not in the personal contacts section of outlook as they need to be accessed and updated by a couple of people, therefore it was set up as a public folder.

Just bought a pocket pc, and got it to use activesync through the internet to discover that it doesn't support public folders. Seems like the same for Outlook mobile access.

Using Outlook web access is too bandwidth intensive, and doesn't render on the pocket pc screen properly.

Any ideas on how to have a public contact list, and public diary available to mobile users on the go?

From what i have read OMA has NO functionality to connect to public folders.

This may or may not be of any benefit to you