Sync OMA Treo 700 Cert Errors

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sync OMA Treo 700 Cert Errors

I am trying to sync our new Treo 700's to the Exchange 2003 SP2 server. I have been beating my head against the wall for about 20 hours now. No help from Palm or Verizon.

I think the problem stems from my certificates on my IIS Server. I gave my certs the name myserver.mydomain.org with full intentions of registering a pointer record with that exact name on the internet. This however has never been done so we just use the external IP address to hit OWA.

I think this is causing problems when I try to sync over the Air and when I am at my desktop.

When i am at my desktop I would like it to sync to the Exchange server for my own administrative purposes. ANy help on this would be appreciated.

I guess my next step would be to create a cert with name and common name
    being the ip address of the server. i wonder if it would work but I didnt want to install two certs on my Exchange server. Not sure if it would mess up my OWA.

Thanks for help in advance,
    Ryan

Re: Sync OMA Treo 700 Cert Errors

JUST WANTED TO LET EVERYONE KNOW IT WAS THE COMMON NAME CERT NAME. ISSUE.
    I removed our server.domainname.org certificate from owa and recreated a cert with the external ip.

Then i imported the root ca certificate and thenew ip only mail certificate and it works like a champ. Any questions on treo700 just post here

Comment

Re: Sync OMA Treo 700 Cert Errors

Thanks for sharing your answer with us! I'm sure others will also benefit from knowing what was wrong and how you fixed it.

Cheers,

Daniel Petri
      Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
      MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

Working...
      X