X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to exchange 2003

Help me experts .

HI all

We are presently using Imail server and we have decided to move for exchange 2003
    I am on the testing phase now

Recently i have installed the window 2003 sbs along with exchange server with service pack 2
    for the domain for example abc.com

My intention is to run about 4 more domains in the same exchange server. For that purpose
    i altered my receipient policy in the exchange and added the new domains. Then there occured
    new issue . I have some top officials who require same ids eg:- [email protected], [email protected]
    and so on in the other domains too. For that i had gone for the UPN suffixes in the active directory
    domains and trusts and have added them and i could send and receive mails from OWA.

Some of the requirments that i need are

1. I need to change the OWA login screen

2. When i configure accounts in outlook client i am not able to sent mails but can receive mails. When sending mails
    i receive the error " The message could not be sent because one of the recipients was rejected by the server". But when i change the relay option in SMTP virtual server to "all except the list below" i could send mails from the outlook client. But this is supposed to be wrong since the server woudl become open relay. How to solve this issue.

3.We have a number of OWN static public IPS. Hence we need to assign individual IPs to a every domain. How this is possible.

Since iam new to exchange i would welcome your sugestions and recommendation for installing and implementing exchange 2003 , disaster recovery and important issues related with exchange 2003.

Ranjith

Re: New to exchange 2003

I'll try to answer some of your questions:

1) To customize OWA you'll need to set up Forms based Authentication. Look this up on my site.

2) If you use OL the way it was supposed to be used - via a MAPI account and not via a POP3 account, then you will have no issues here. MAPI is NOT SMTP, therefore when users send email they are ALWAYS authenticated, and you will not need to expose your SMTP service by opening it to relay.

3) You can create an SMTP and HTTP virtual server for each domain and assign it the IP address designated for that domain. In the internal DNS you need to create appropriate zones, one for each domain, and place an A record for the server that points to the right IP. You also need to set up MX records for each domain, and point them to the A Record that is the pointer for the correct IP. You need to do the same for the external DNS server(s), and configure the same records with the same IPs on the external DNS zones of each domain.

I hope this will help you get started.
    Cheers,

Daniel Petri
    Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
    MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

Re: New to exchange 2003

Thank u for your valuable solution.

Comment

Working...
      X