No announcement yet.

Acticvesync with Exchange 2003 on Windows 2000

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Acticvesync with Exchange 2003 on Windows 2000

I am trying ot sync my new Treo 700w. I am using a godaddy/starfield certificate. I have that installed on the Treo.

Trying to navigate exactly how to create the new virtual directory outlined in

However, we are using Windows Server 2000 not 2003 and the "import configuration" function and other IIS options are not the same as in the example shown. I have tried to recreate the steps as close as possible, but I get "error 0x8501004 your account in MS Exchange server does not have permission to synchronize with your current settings.

Any ideas

Re: Acticvesync with Exchange 2003 on Windows 2000

Did you used:

Is the root certificate trusted by the Exchange and the PDA ?
    Best Regards,

Yuval Sinay

LinkedIn:, Blog:

Re: Acticvesync with Exchange 2003 on Windows 2000

Thanks you for a reply yual14, sorry for the delay. Yes, I followed the links that you posted. I have a Teo 700 which is a Windows Mobile 5.0 device. I believe the problems I am having are two fold. One, I have a single Exchange server network, not a front-end/back-end design. Two, I am using an SSL certificate from a party not recognized by the Treo ( The link that I used in my original post describes how to modify a single Exchange server org that is using SSL to accept allow Exchange Activesync and OMA access. Unfortunately, it is based on a Windows 2003 Server OS and I am using a Windows 2000 Server OS. Some of the steps that are described do not translate into a Windows 2000/IIS 5.0 environment and I was looking for help in the equivalent procedures for my OS. As for the second part, I have not been able to add my cert to my Treo 700. It seems as if there is no way to add untrusted certs? If anyone knows if this is the case I would apprecitate any info.