Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exhange 2003 relay for external IP

Hello,

We have a hosted app that is on a server that is not part of our domain/network. This server now needs to send users emails and needs to user our current Exchange server as a relay. I know how to set up internal devices for this, but I have never needed to set up a server to relay outside of our network. Can someone help with this? Thank you.

Re: Exhange 2003 relay for external IP

Originally posted by lfbeto View Post
    Hello,

We have a hosted app that is on a server that is not part of our domain/network. This server now needs to send users emails and needs to user our current Exchange server as a relay. I know how to set up internal devices for this, but I have never needed to set up a server to relay outside of our network. Can someone help with this? Thank you.
    On the server that is sending the email first setup a smart host on your internet connector with the IP address of the relay server.

Comment

Thanks for the reply. I do not manage the hosted server, but I'll see if they can do that. Is there any way possible to have this remote system send messages through activesync like a smartphone, or would that be worse securitywise?

Comment

Thanks for the reply. I do not manage the hosted server, but I'll see if they can do that. Is there any way possible to have this remote system send messages through activesync like a smartphone, or would that be worse securitywise?
        They should be able to do it. Its a simple as adding a smarthost. I presume the hosted app is using exchange.

Comment

No, they do not have an Exchange server. This is why they need to relay off of my Exchange server. Users on my network RDP into this hosted server. The app they use will need to send messages to my users through my exchange server.

Comment

No, they do not have an Exchange server. This is why they need to relay off of my Exchange server. Users on my network RDP into this hosted server. The app they use will need to send messages to my users through my exchange server.

From ESM drill down into your SMTP virtual Server and add the IP address of the server as a relay.

Comment

Working...
            X