Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exchange 2003 Mailbox Limit

Hi,

I have recently upgraded my Exchange 5.5 by joining an Exchange 2003 machine into the organization and moving the mailboxes over. I need to set mailbox limits for specific type of users and thus I seperated the users into 4 different mail stores. I have allocated the mailbox limits for these individual stores via the Exchange System Manager.

However, I realised the users do not have the "Use Mailbox Store Defaults" checked under the Active Directory Users and Computers->Properties-> Exchange General-> Mailbox Limits.

I believe this will override my mailbox store limits as its not checked. Which is strange as I thought by default they are supposed to be checked. Maybe its because I moved the mailboxes from Exchange 5.5 or upgraded the domain from NT to Windows 2003, I don't know.

But My question is, how do I make all of the users use the mailbox store mailbox limits? other than individually checking the boxes one user by one user. Cos there's more than 600 of them

Thanks.

Re: Exchange 2003 Mailbox Limit

Hello,

ADModify.NET is a free tool that can be utilized to facilitate bulk user attribute modifications. It also permits to modify the mailbox limit.
    (http://www.msexchange.org/ExchangeNe...-Released.html)

Download ADModify.Net,
    Run ADModify
    Choose Modify Attributes
    From Domain List choose your domain (exp. DC=yourdomain, DC=com)
    From Domain Controller List choose one of your domain controlers
    Navigate to the OU where your users can be found
    Click Add to list
    Select all your users
    Next
    Exchange Features, Storage Limits

It is very good tool, I have used it several time.

Regards,
    Csaba
    Regards,
    Csaba Papp
    MCSA+messaging, MCSE, CCNA
    Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate

Comment

Exactly, I second that tip!

Cheers,

Daniel Petri
      Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
      MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

This is a great tool! Many Thanks!!!

Comment

Working...
        X