Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• public folder recovery issues

Hi All,

Could anyone please suggest a method to recover an accidentally deleted public folder? The retention period is 30 days for public folders and other mailbox folders. I tried to recover using outlook, but permission error happened even with administrator account. so i used pfdav admin tool and the deleted public folder was displayed in red. But recovery of this folder returned an error message. "An unexpected error occurred. Exception: The operation has timed out. I did another public folder recovery using this tool few days ago and operation was successful, but not this time. Thanks in advance.

Re: public folder recovery issues

Restoring from a backup isn't an option?

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion. Restoring from the backup will loose two days of emails because last NT backup was taken two days ago. The process of NT backup/restore for public folder is time consuming and complex.

Comment

Can you clarify which version and SP of Exchange we are talking about?
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

This is Exchange 2003 on Windows Server 2003 R2 Std SP2.

Comment

Since you have tried pfdav, you have not got many options apart from recover from backup or 3rd party. Unfortunate that PFs do not work with recovery storage groups. Presumably you have retried the recovery, possibly after a server reboot?

If you have to go 3rd party, I have had good results in the past with OnTrack PowerControls - expensive but has saved my life on several occasions.
            Tom Jones
            MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
            PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
            IT Trainer / Consultant
            Ossian Ltd
            Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Originally posted by Ossian View Post
              If you have to go 3rd party, I have had good results in the past with OnTrack PowerControls - expensive but has saved my life on several occasions.
              Ditto, OnTrack works great.
              Regards,
              Jeremy

Network Consultant/Engineer
              Baltimore - Washington area and beyond
              www.gma-cpa.com

Comment

Many Thanks

Comment

Working...
                X