Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Send an e-mail when someone adds an item to public folder

Sorry for the long title!

What we want is when someone adds an item to a public folder (calendar) that it e-mails a distribution group.

Any ideas people?

Thanks
    Server 2000 MCP
    Development: ASP, ASP.Net, PHP, VB, VB.Net, MySQL, MSSQL - Check out my blog http://tonyyeb.blogspot.com

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Re: Send an e-mail when someone adds an item to public folder

Just an idea.

Can't you create a custom form (a 'tuned' appointment form) and assign it as the default form when an item is posted in this public folder (so if an appointment is created in this calendar).
    Then you can add a bit of scripting code to this form, e.g. when saved, that it sends an e-mail to this group of people.

Comment

Originally posted by Hagar
      Just an idea.

Can't you create a custom form (a 'tuned' appointment form) and assign it as the default form when an item is posted in this public folder (so if an appointment is created in this calendar).
      Then you can add a bit of scripting code to this form, e.g. when saved, that it sends an e-mail to this group of people.
      Thats true but creating a form in outlook that uses dates is a pain as you can't use the microsoft date and time picker. You either have to do it by text or use a third party date and time picker - which means paying out money.... this was just to fix an annoyance rather than mission critical.

Thanks for you help though. Any other suggestions welcome.
      Server 2000 MCP
      Development: ASP, ASP.Net, PHP, VB, VB.Net, MySQL, MSSQL - Check out my blog http://tonyyeb.blogspot.com

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

(Sorry for the delay, but have been absent some time....)
        I know that creating custom Outlook forms using date pickers is not so simple, but why not take the standard appointment form as a start, not adding any extra customized pages to it, but only adding some code that sends an E-mail when you save the the form (=when you create an appointment in this calendar).
        Using the standard appointment form, you use the standard date/time picker or call this form directly by selecting directly on the calendar itself.

By making this 'customized appointment form' (standard appointment + 'save/send' script) the default form for this public folder, everybody who creates an appointment in this calendar will use this form and will automatically send an E-mail if creates an entry in this calendar.

I know uses of this concept where this public folder is the calendar of a resource and this way, we send E-mails if somebody makes a reservation in this calendar.
        Last edited by Hagar; 18th January 2006, 22:22.

Comment

Ill give that a go when i get back to work, on a windows 2003 server course at the moment.
          Server 2000 MCP

Comment

Working...
          X