Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• compacting/defragmenting ex2003 database ends with -1526

hELLO,
    exchage server 2003 sp2 single server/standalone. There is not backup. Becouse thehard disk was full i delete all the log files and restarted the server but the information store did not started.

I used eseutil /r, isinteg -fix alltest and isinteg /d. when isinted /d started to run i received an error "Compacting/Defragmenting Exchange 2003 database ends with error -1526".

now i am executing eseutil /r again

any help?

thansk in advance.

Re: compacting/defragmenting ex2003 database ends with -1526

Originally posted by juansanz09 View Post
    hELLO,
    exchage server 2003 sp2 single server/standalone. There is not backup. Becouse thehard disk was full i delete all the log files and restarted the server but the information store did not started.

I used eseutil /r, isinteg -fix alltest and isinteg /d. when isinted /d started to run i received an error "Compacting/Defragmenting Exchange 2003 database ends with error -1526".

now i am executing eseutil /r again

any help?

thansk in advance.
    Did you delete the logs before they were flushed to the DB??

Did you do a backup of the server prior to deleting the log files?

Comment

He says "there is not backup"

This might be a very good time to contact Microsoft PSS (and pay) as they will have most chance of sorting out the initial SNAFU
      Last edited by Ossian; 7th July 2013, 10:01.
      Tom Jones
      MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
      PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
      IT Trainer / Consultant
      Ossian Ltd
      Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Originally posted by Ossian View Post
        He says "there is not backup"

This might be a very good time to contact Microsoft PSS (and pay) as they will have most chance of sorting out the initial SNAFU
        Missed that.

Someone is losing his/her job soon I would think LOL.

Comment

Agreed.

Actually, FUBAR would be a more appropriate definition in my previous post.
          Tom Jones
          MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
          PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
          IT Trainer / Consultant
          Ossian Ltd
          Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

hello,
            i do not have lthe logs but most of them were fluldshed into the databse.
            i know becouse i got several third tool i could recover all emails but most of them were without the body message.

i read in some post i had to do a eseutyil /d but then i received that -1526 error

any help?

tahnks.

Comment

Originally posted by juansanz09 View Post
              hello,
              i do not have lthe logs but most of them were fluldshed into the databse.
              i know becouse i got several third tool i could recover all emails but most of them were without the body message.

i read in some post i had to do a eseutyil /d but then i received that -1526 error

any help?

tahnks.
              You need all the logs.

Comment

First thing, STOP and don't do anything to make it worse.
                Backup any files you still have in case anything does make them worse
                Research your options and, as I have suggested, consider passing this one to Microsoft

Alternatively have a look at recovery software such as OnTrack Powercontrols -- not cheap, but may save whats left of your career
                Tom Jones
                PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
                IT Trainer / Consultant
                Ossian Ltd
                Scotland

Comment

i used systool Microsoft Exchange and stellar Phoenix Exchange serverdb and i could restore all emails but a lot of them without body message.

i had a restore from 19 june and now the Exchange is properly running.

i am working in a clone virtual scenary trying to recover body messages emails from 2 weeks.

help?

Comment

I am not quite clear where you are at so please confirm:
                    1) You have restored the live server to June 19th (with loss of emails)
                    2) Exchange is running correctly on the live server
                    3) You are working in a test//virtual environment to recover later emails from the corrupt database

Do your clients have Outlook caching enabled -- if so, the majority of missing emails should be there and (IIRC) will automatically sync back to Exchange
                    [EDIT] after a quick check, it appears it may not auto sync, but you could export from Outlook (offline) and reimport to merge with the restored mailbox[/EDIT]

I am not familiar with the recovery software you mention, so cannot comment on that, but you should see if they have support forums or similar where you can get some product focussed help.

You will also want to urgently review your backup provision and ensure you have up to date, verified backups from now forwards
                    Last edited by Ossian; 7th July 2013, 11:49.
                    Tom Jones
                    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
                    IT Trainer / Consultant
                    Ossian Ltd
                    Scotland

Comment

hello,

yes i restore the backup from that day and the Exchange is properly running. i inserted all the emails from an external tool but i was surprised emails from 19th june to 2thjuly are with atachments but without body messages.

i created a Exchange clon and in that server i have the Exchange database running eseutil /p and after eseutil /d trying to get those emails with the body message.

any suggestion?

Comment

there is not cache in the Outlook clients

Comment

Do you have both the edb and stm files for the failed database?
                          (review this: http://bobchristian.blogspot.co.uk/2...-exchange.html)
                          Tom Jones
                          PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
                          IT Trainer / Consultant
                          Ossian Ltd
                          Scotland

Comment

yes, both of them.

Comment

it seems to be clear. i need to exceute eseutil /D and all will be running.

but i got -1526 error. now isinteg /p is executing and the databse is 150 gb y .stm file is 80 gb.

the proccess goes for 11 hours until now. how could i see wether is properly executing?

do you agree with my theory?

Comment

Working...
                              X