EX2003 problems sending email

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EX2003 problems sending email

I am a novice in exchange so any help would be great.

I can receive mail fine and I can send mail internally without issue. When I try and send mail to someone on the outside it just stays in the queue on the server. I am hosting the server on a verizon home dsl line. If my isp is bocking it, is there anyway around it. I am not sure if I set up the mx record correct either. I can host my website without issue.

error in exchange says "the remote server did not respond to a connection attempt"

Thanks

Re: EX2003 problems sending email

MX records are for receiving mail, not for sending. Does this happen to any external destination or just to one?

If to one - check their MX records. Try to TELNET to their MX record IP at port 25.

If to all - you're having DNS and/or firewall issues. Use NSLOOKUP and TELNET to test outside connectivity.
    Cheers,

Daniel Petri
    Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
    MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

I can't send email to anyone. How do I test to see if my isp is blocking port 25. Is there anyway to change ports.

Thanks

Comment

No, you don't change ports. Your ISP shouldn't be blocking these ports unless he's looking at you and thinking you're a spammer or similar low-life creature...

Try using

Code:
        TELNET maila.microsoft.com 25
        (use any mail server, use NSLOOKUP to determine the IP and names of the designated MX records for the target domains).

If blocked you won't succeed.

Aren't you using your own firewall that might be blocking you?
        Cheers,

Daniel Petri
        Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
        MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

Working...
        X