Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exchange 2003 does not find local users

Greetings to all.

I'm editing the configuration of an Exchange 2003, but I have problems in mail delivery.

My server has mbox associated with AD users, but download the mail from an external provider using ExchangePop3. Mail shipment is direct.

Today, the public domain is changed from alfa.com to beta.com.

I ExchangePOP3 configured to download mail from the new outer boxes, the provider has not changed.

I changed in Exchange the recipient rule putting beta.com instead of alfa.com. So I set up email addresses in the user profiles of AD, keeping the same mailbox.

The outlook is properly connected to the server using the new e-mail and display the contents of the inbox, even downloading the new incoming mail from the Internet.

I can send and receive mail from the Internet without any problems.

When I try to send an email to a local user as [email protected] Exchange answers:
    E-mail account does not exist at the organization this message was sent. Check the e-mail address, or contact the recipient directly to find out the correct address. <server.domain.local #5.1.1>

If I send a [email protected] the message is sent and received.

Thx for support

Re: Exchange 2003 does not find local users

Has the Offline Address Book updated yet -- this can take up to 48 hours on the client

If you use OWA, do you get the same error (testing the above)?
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Re: Exchange 2003 does not find local users

Thanks Ossian.

I hope it is, the changes have been made ​​yesterday, so I'm past 24 hours.
      If I use OWA I get the same behavior.
      If I create a new user his mail runs completely both internal and external.
      Only the old users have this behavior, working with the outside world but among them only works with the local domain.
      It seems that there is something dirty in configurations.

[EDIT]
      Some configuration.

Recipient policies -> Default Policy
      SMTP -> domain.com (flaged this Exchange Organization is respable for ...)
      X400 -> bla bla

Defaul SMTP Virtual server
      IP address -> LAN server address
      Messages -> Only Badmail directory and Queue directory
      Delivery -> Outbuond connection -> port 25
      Delivery -> Advanced delivery -> FQDN server.domain.local
      Last edited by enghi; 5th May 2013, 10:58. Reason: Server configuration

Comment

Re: [SOLVED] Exchange 2003 does not find local users

Resolved.
        The question of Ossian I turned on the light bulb.
        The thing that was missing was the deactivation of the cache of outlook 2010.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
        X