X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Important queries in exchange server

HELLO All,
    I have following queries.PLEASE HELP ME TO SORTOUT IT

1) how we can able to add email user alias?
    Explanation:- I have one user [email protected] i am intrested to add alias [email protected] to user xyz. So mail sent to [email protected] cames to [email protected] mail box. I am not intrested in creating mailbox for [email protected]. I just wants to add alias to xyz account.

2)How i can create catchall account for company.com. If catchall account must be [email protected]

3)How i can able to add internal mail forwarder.
    Means- how i am able to forward mails form [email protected] to [email protected]

4)How i can able to take backup of single user under any mailbox?

5) How i can able to restore the backup of single user. If i have backup of full mailbox under which user is created.

6) How i can configure my exchange server for two domains mailing. New SMTP virtual server is require for new domain?

7)If i have two domains on server.
    Like company.com and company.info
    Then how i can able to create [email protected] and [email protected] account under it.
    Please note that [email protected] and [email protected] both are different users. How we can create different mailboxes for them.

How we can able to change the display name of user using OWA.
    Name in "form field".

9)When i am trying to create user i am getting only default domain option will creating email address. How i can get the multiple domain options. Please give me steps for it.

10) My exhaange server is working for mulltiple domain mailing. example- I have a ccount edward @hellosas.com and i try to create other user as [email protected]. Its giving the error that user is already present in Enterprise. How i can able to create this user because domains are different and edward (users) also differnt. I require different mailboxes for them.

If you have solutions on above queries please help me . Also provide me steps to sortout it.

Re: Important queries in exchange server

1) how we can able to add email user alias?
    Explanation:- I have one user [email protected] i am intrested to add alias [email protected] to user xyz. So mail sent to [email protected] cames to [email protected] mail box. I am not intrested in creating mailbox for [email protected]. I just wants to add alias to xyz account.
    In the user properties in DSA.MSC, on the EMAIL tab, add an SMTP address.

2)How i can create catchall account for company.com. If catchall account must be [email protected]
    Use Google:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/324021

3)How i can able to add internal mail forwarder.
    Means- how i am able to forward mails form [email protected] to [email protected]
    On the Exchange General tab for the user you can configure a forwarding address.

4)How i can able to take backup of single user under any mailbox?
    Use a backup software that has brick level backup capabilities, or, use Google to search my site for "brick level".

5) How i can able to restore the backup of single user. If i have backup of full mailbox under which user is created.
    See item #4.

6) How i can configure my exchange server for two domains mailing. New SMTP virtual server is require for new domain?
    Use Google:

http://www.petri.com/configure_excha...er_domains.htm

7)If i have two domains on server.
    Like company.com and company.info
    Then how i can able to create [email protected] and [email protected] account under it.
    Please note that [email protected] and [email protected] both are different users. How we can create different mailboxes for them.
    See item #6.

8 )How we can able to change the display name of user using OWA.
    Name in "form field".
    There are things that cannot be done with OWA.

9)When i am trying to create user i am getting only default domain option will creating email address. How i can get the multiple domain options. Please give me steps for it.
    See item #6.

10) My exhaange server is working for mulltiple domain mailing. example- I have a ccount edward @hellosas.com and i try to create other user as [email protected]. Its giving the error that user is already present in Enterprise. How i can able to create this user because domains are different and edward (users) also differnt. I require different mailboxes for them.
    You're looking to host multiple companies on one server? You'll need to carefully plan the recipient policies and make sure there are no conflicts between the names.

Next time please make sure you read the fine manual (RTFM) BEFORE you shoot all over.
    Cheers,

Daniel Petri
    Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
    MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

Working...
    X