Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem of email address when creating new AD user

Dear Experts,

I am facing problem with the email address when I create a new user in AD. I noticed it now today.

Brief description of our setup, it was Win 2000 DC + exchange 2003 on same server, recently I shifted my exchange 2003 to another server of Win 2003 and turned off the exchange services on Win 2000 machine which is a DC also.

From new server email working fine, outgoing, incoming. Now when I create a user in Win 2000 DC , no email address is created for him when I check user properties and exchange general tab

Any tips what to trouble shoot because I want to retire this exchange 2003 on old server and also ultimately Win 2000 DC

Please advise
    Thanks,

Re: Problem of email address when creating new AD user

New email addresses should be created by the Recipient Policies so I'd start there.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/319201 should help. I can't remember off the top of my head when the RUS runs by default but you can right click a policy and choose apply now to force it to run straight away.
    BSc, MCSA: Server 2008, MCSE, MCSA: Messaging, MCTS
    sigpic
    Cruachan's Blog

Comment

Did you create a mailbox for the user when you created the user account? A mailbox is not automatically created when you create a user account.

Comment

As I briefly gave overview that I want to retire Win 2000 DC so before doing so, it was required to move exchange 2003 to another computer. I faced this problem for creating new AD user and no email address given to it.

Now since I still did not removed E2k3 from my Win 2000 DC server so I just re-homed the RUS pointing to old E2k3 and immediately creating new AD user the email address created, I can login by OWA and also I can configure outlook.

So, it means when I re-home RUS 4/5 days before, since then I did not created any new AD object but when I tried yesterday it is not stamping address. How to fix this now?

I followed steps for trouble shooting RUS by finding event id 8011 with Base DC but could not get any event having this 'base DC' but there are many 8011 and 8012 events in newly installed E2k3, so after all this hassle I just re-homed RUS back to old server and it worked.
        Note: all user mailboxes on new server, it is also master, all emails coming , going outside. But this needs to be fixed before un-install of e2k3 from Win 2000 DC server.

There are no other DC's in our environment.

Thanks,

Comment

Trying to Figure out by event ID 8011 according to guides like:

http://searchexchange.techtarget.com...nd-8011-events

When I followed this I found the attached in my event viewer, kindly advise
          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
          X