No announcement yet.

CDO based script - issue

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CDO based script - issue

I am in the middle of Exch 2003 -> 2010 transition.
    Recently I have upgraded the Default Recipient Policy to the Exch 2010 using the following command:
    Set-EmailAddressPolicy "Default Policy" -IncludedRecipients AllRecipients

After one or two days, some of the scripts which updates the calendars on the user accounts from the old Exchange stopped working.
    The script is using CDO library (Collaboration Data Objects for Exchange) and it updates the calendar folders in the Exch 2003 users mailbox.

I have put some error handling condition to the script. When the script tries to open the mailbox to write/read something it exit with an error:

Error number: -2147221219
    Error description: The attempt to log on to the Microsoft Exchange Server computer has failed. [Microsoft Exchange Server Information Store - [MAPI_E_FAILONEPROVIDER(8004011D)]]

I have double checked - the mailbox which is processed is still on the old Exch 2003.

Do you have any idea what can be the reason?

Thanks for any commands

Re: CDO based script - issue

It turned out that this error is related with mailbox permissions.
    The user who trigger the script in Schedule Tasks seems to have not enough permissions to the processed mailboxes.

For now when I setup manually the Full Mailbox Access rights for this script user to the problematic account it can process the script without a problem.
    But I need to right click the AD account Exchange advanced Mailbox Rights and even though the script user is on the list with inherited full mailbox rights I need to go to Advanced Add - pickup the script user and set the Full Mailbox Access.

I have done it already on the Exchange server level, but no success.

I need find out how to do it for a group of users. I do not want to enter every user and set the permision for each of them spearately.

Thanks in advance for any help

Re: CDO based script - issue

If you have set it at the server/database level then that should be all that is required. However ensure that that user account running the script is NOT an Administrator, Domain Admin etc, as they will get an explicit deny, which overrides the global allow.

Simon Butler
      Exchange MVP

More Exchange Content:
      Exchange Resources List:
      In the UK? Hire me:

Sembee is a registered trademark, used here with permission.