Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows Repair Will Affect IIS

Hi,

We are facing some Problem regarding OS Drivers Installation I found; Windows Repair will solve this.
    Before that I just want to Confirm Repairing a Windows 2003 SP2 Std will not Affect on IIS, this my Exchange Server 2003

Please suggest.

Re: Windows Repair Will Affect IIS

A repair will probably not affect IIS but you cannot be sure -- it should preserve all existing applications and configuration but will need services packs and patches re-applied, so settings that depend on them may not work.
    Are you able to take a backup first so you can roll back?

What is the actual problem you have -- there may be some other solution

As an alternative, build up a new server, join to the domain using the current computer account, then do a "recover server" install of Exchange
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Re: Windows Repair Will Affect IIS

Originally posted by Ossian View Post
      What is the actual problem you have -- there may be some other solution
      Under the Device Manager I am Getting A Patch for Device Drivers Please find snap shot. I tried to install Chipset Drivers too. I specked with Hardware Supplier too; they suggested only for Chipset Drivers.

One more thing Whenever i Try to Do Add-Remove Component Getting some Error.

Snapshots is attached.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Wired; 31st March 2013, 12:41.

Comment

Working...
      X