Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sending Large Files

Hi,

Really stupid question, I don't have a limit of receiving files(size) Someone is trying an send an 15mb File to two users on our network, the event log is showing files are too large? Are the files somehow add togther for the two users? i don't userstand why this is happening. The database limit is set to 75Gb The store is on about 60GB

Re: Sending Large Files

Which version of Exchange, and what exactly is showing up in the event log?
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Hello

Its exchange standard 2003. The event ID is 3014.
      The message was large or the local quota exceeded, remote exchange user might have delivery restrictions set with maximum incoming message size.

She was delivering this to two people on the domain

In message Delivery Properties, no limit on sending and receiving size, What's recipient limit Do?

Another user has forward me a message saying the following

Your mail system could not find a way to successfully communicate with the destination system. Please notify your administrator.
      <exchange.domain.local #5.5.2 smtp;502 5.5.2 Error: command not recognized

is this connected?

Comment

Roughly (not got E2003 in front of me) limits can be set at the organisation, the store/database and the user, so all will need to be checked
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Global Settings --> Delivery --> Properties --> Defaults

you can set the maximum size for send, receiving message size and you can set the number of recipients.

or on exchange server from AD if you want to set it for one user through also properties for that user

Comment

Working...
          X