No announcement yet.

Database size near limits (split from hijacked thread)

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Database size near limits (split from hijacked thread)

I have an exchange server which has mailboxes that are over 68GB, I understand that the maximum size of mailboxes is only 75GB which we expect to pass in the very near future. What can I do about this?I have another license of exchange that I could install and setup, is it possible to do this and move some mailboxes on to this and essentially give myself a 150GB limit spread across 2 servers?Another advice or helpful links would be great and you can use SharePoint 2007.

Re: How to archive mailboxes with no space on Exchange 2003?

Please do not hijack other peoples threads -- I have split this to a new thread.

Which version and edition of Exchange do you have -- if Enterprise, you can have multiple databases.

Where does SharePoint come into it?
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Re: Database size near limits (split from hijacked thread)

You might want to consider archiving some or all of it - holding data long-term like that is not what Exchange was made for.

Exclaimer are the very low-cost option but you can go all out with some SaaS packages. I'd look into it, you're definitely going to make a saving in the long run.

Re: Database size near limits (split from hijacked thread)

To answer your question yes it is possible to install a new server and move some mailboxes over.

Pretty easy to do actually.