X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Running out of disc space while in migration from Exch03 to 2010

All,

I'm in the middle of a migration from Exchange 2003 to 2010. Starting to move mailboxes this week but will take at least 3 weeks since I will need to do this off hours.
    I am in a bit of a pickle because I only have about 38GB left on my mailstore/transaction log drive. I just ran out of disc space at 6pm(thank god) and was able to recover about 1gb, rebooted and everything came back up. Starting BackupExec now and having a consultant remove some transaction logs becuase I fear it will run out of space again before backup is done.
    I think part of running out of space is becuase my last full backup is Friday night and don't do another backup Monday.(today) I guess over the weekend of testing and moving test mailbox around, it ate up my space late today.
    Anyways, what are my current options? I have VMware, so I can technically P2V this server and buy some time, or I can also enable 'Circular Logging" for the next 3 weeks while I move mailboxes over.
    What would you guys do in my situation?

Thanks for any advice.

Re: Running out of disc space while in migration from Exch03 to 2010

Locked -- double post with http://forums.petri.com/showthread.php?t=62788
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
    X