• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• remove dead exchange 2003 server from AD

hello,

I need de remove my exchange 2003 organisation from AD, please help

Re: remove dead exchange 2003 server from AD

Perhaps if you could share some of the circumstances leading to this we could help, we may have a few telepathic forumites but I'm not one of them.

Is the old server dead (hardware failure) or have you migrated to a new version/product/cloud? The removal steps are determined by the circumstances.
    BSc, MCSA: Server 2008, MCSE, MCSA: Messaging, MCTS
    sigpic
    Cruachan's Blog

Comment

yes, the old server dead (hardware failure)

Comment

If the computer account still exists in AD, you should do a "Disaster Recovery" on a new server joined to the domain using the existing computer account:
        http://www.msexchange.org/articles-t...ry-Switch.html

Once done, you can cleanly uninstall Exchange which will clean up AD for you

Under no circumstances should you attempt to clean up AD yourself unless you have ruled out all other options
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

my exchange server 2003 server is died (hardware failure) and I can not install another exchange server because exchange organization still exists in Active Directory, so I have to manually remove the Exchange organization from active directory, how do??

Comment

Did you actually read my post above? Please do so, particularly the link which tells you EXACTLY what to do
            Tom Jones
            MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
            PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
            IT Trainer / Consultant
            Ossian Ltd
            Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

ok thank you

Comment

Working...
              X