Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exchnage Licensing Upgrade

Hi,

We have MS Exchange 2003 License and we have 150 CAL Exchange License too. We are in planning to Upgrade Exchange 2003 to Exchange 2010 or 2013.

Now few users are increased for Exchange Connectivity. If we Purchase Exchange 2013 with 100 CAL, My previous purchased CAL of Exchange 2003 will be Legal or We have to Upgrade them too ?

Re: Exchnage Licensing Upgrade

Sorry, but AFAIK it is new CALs
    Also note Exchange 2010 has two levels of CALs -- Standard and Enterprise
    To use enterprise features, you need both, i.e. Enterprise ADDS ON TO Standard
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Re: Exchnage Licensing Upgrade

Originally posted by swapneel View Post
      Hi,

We have MS Exchange 2003 License and we have 150 CAL Exchange License too. We are in planning to Upgrade Exchange 2003 to Exchange 2010 or 2013.

Now few users are increased for Exchange Connectivity. If we Purchase Exchange 2013 with 100 CAL, My previous purchased CAL of Exchange 2003 will be Legal or We have to Upgrade them too ?
      If you want a definitive answer contact your VAR. MS Licensing is a dark art at best. So you're better off speaking to MSFT.

Comment

Working...
      X