Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Configuring OST for Office Outlook

Hi,

We have a Exchange 2003 Server, All Users are using OWA to Mail View. i am Started to Configure Office Outlook with OST file, and planning to configure all remains users too.

Configuring All Users for OST will not Effect my Exchange Server Performance ?

Re: Configuring OST for Office Outlook

If anything it will improve server performance as clients will use cached copies of emails in preference to fetching them from the server.

Note there will be an initial "hit" as clients download and store large volumes of emails in their OST files.
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

it also means that users can view their email even if the mail server is offline..
      Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

@Ossain:It Means Outlook should be configured with Check Box "Use Cached Exchange Mode" Configuring the same Option for Other Users Will not Reduce Server Performance; am I correct ?

Thanking you.

Comment

Once the initial population of the cache is over, clients will use the cache if possible instead of hitting the server every time, so performance will not be reduced. (Is this not what I said earlier?)
          Tom Jones
          MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
          PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
          IT Trainer / Consultant
          Ossian Ltd
          Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Yes; thank you.

Comment

Working...
            X