Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Manually Removing Exchange 2003

Hi -

I am having a tough time removing exchange 2003 from windows 2003. I cleaned out adsiedit the server from the configuration services by following some of the MS KB articles but now I get this error:

Microsoft Exchange Messaging and Collaboration Services

An invalid ADSI pathname was passed.

ID no: 80005000
    Microsoft Exchange Setup

I want to completely clean AD and Exchange then reinstall it on the domain using a stand alone server.

Stephen

Re: Manually Removing Exchange 2003

Can you please give more details of what you have done (and what originally went wrong)
    The only approved way to remove exchange is an uninstall of Exchange from the server, which will also clean up the relevant parts of AD. By using ADSIEDIT, you have moved into dangerous ground.

Is the former Exchange Server still available to try a repair install and then a proper removal?
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

/forceremoval switch. http://www.google.com.au/#sclient=ps...w=1345&bih=581
      1 1 was a racehorse.
      2 2 was 1 2.
      1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
      2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Does that apply to Exchange? Following the link seems to look at forcibly demoting a DC

Happy New Year, btw, since it is already well into 2013 for you!
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
        X