Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exchange 2003 Can Send but Cannot Receive

Hi -

I am running an exchange 2003 SP2 server and setup the DNS correctly on the internet + internal network. (NSLOOKUP is correct) Internal MAPI works fine. I can receive and send using the amils aliases.

I have A record and MX record pointing to the exchange server with the correct ports opened on the router.

I can send emails out but when I reply back using my gmail account I dont receive them. The strange thing is I dont get a bounce back so it appears that the server received the message but it's not delivery it to the mailbox.

I have the SMTP delivery with the correct DNS and recipient policy set correctly with the @domain.com alias.

Network-Tools.com:
    252 2.1.5 Cannot VRFY user, but will take message for <[email protected]>

I also wanted to enable the VRFY but I dont have this string in the registry:
    'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\MSExchangeIMC\Parameters'

Any ideas?

Stephen
    Last edited by StephenOnTheGrid; 19th December 2012, 09:27.

Re: Exchange 2003 Can Send but Cannot Receive

I feel dumb... lol... It was my SMTP settings. I had to correctly setup the authentication + relay & authentication.

Comment

Re: Exchange 2003 Can Send but Cannot Receive

Originally posted by StephenOnTheGrid View Post
      I feel dumb... lol... It was my SMTP settings. I had to correctly setup the authentication + relay & authentication.
      I take it you was trying to harden your installation...

Comment

Working...
      X