Exchange 2003 Install failure during Phase 3

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exchange 2003 Install failure during Phase 3

I receive an error message when I attempt to run the SetupPrep program on the Exchange 2003 installation. I am installing a server to co-exist with a Exchange 5.5 server. I am attempting to install the E2k3 server in a child domain and I am using a domain admin account for the domain to perform the install. The following is a copy of the error message. It is not very explicit in what needs to be fixed.

#*** Exdeploy began: 12/20/2005 08:50:11 ***#
    + Exchange 5.5 Server: sdexchsrv01
    + Global Catalog Server: sdserver
    + Tools run: OrgNameCheck, OrgCheck, and PubFoldCheck.

+ Cleaning Up the Exchange 5.5 Directory (UserPrep)

- Organization and Site Names Check (OrgNameCheck)
    OrgNameCheck verifies if your Exchange 5.5 organization and site names contain unsupported characters. Details are logged to orgnamecheck.log.

OrgNameCheck completed successfully.

+ Preparing Active Directory for Exchange Server 2003 (OrgPrepCheck)

- Organization Readiness Check (OrgCheck)
    OrgCheck verifies the Exchange extensions to the Active Directory schema, checks the existence and membership of the Exchange Domain Servers group and Exchange Enterprise servers group, and checks that a global catalog server is available in a domain in which DomainPrep has been run.

The Exchange Domain Servers group 'cn=Exchange Domain Servers,cn=Users,DC=SDSR,DC=Shiprepair,DC=com' does contain the local computer 'CN=SDEXCHSRV02,CN=Computers,DC=SDSR,DC=Shiprepair ,DC=com'.
    OrgCheck completed successfully.

- Public Folder DS/IS Check (PubFoldCheck)
    PubFoldCheck finds and fixes incorrect Access Control Lists (ACLs) on public folders, verifies that every public folder in the Exchange 5.5 public store has a corresponding public folder object in the Exchange 5.5 directory, and removes public folders in the Exchange 5.5 directory that do not have a corresponding object in the Exchange 5.5 public store.

Error: Error in updating information in the Marker Object for 'PublicFolderCheck-SWM'.
    Error: PubFoldCheck failed.

#*** Exdeploy finished: 12/20/2005 08:50:12 ***#

When I login to from the member server to the parent domain the results change, leading me to believe I have a permissions issue. I am not certain where the change needs to be made. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

THanks in advance. (BTW, Below is the output when I login to the parent domain)

#*** Exdeploy finished: 12/20/2005 07:19:57 ***#

#*** Exdeploy began: 12/20/2005 07:24:38 ***#
    + Exchange 5.5 Server: sdexchsrv01
    + Global Catalog Server: sddcsrv03
    + Tools run: OrgNameCheck, OrgCheck, and PubFoldCheck.

+ Cleaning Up the Exchange 5.5 Directory (UserPrep)

- Organization and Site Names Check (OrgNameCheck)
    OrgNameCheck verifies if your Exchange 5.5 organization and site names contain unsupported characters. Details are logged to orgnamecheck.log.

OrgNameCheck completed successfully.

+ Preparing Active Directory for Exchange Server 2003 (OrgPrepCheck)

- Organization Readiness Check (OrgCheck)
    OrgCheck verifies the Exchange extensions to the Active Directory schema, checks the existence and membership of the Exchange Domain Servers group and Exchange Enterprise servers group, and checks that a global catalog server is available in a domain in which DomainPrep has been run.

Error: OrgCheck could not find the Exchange Enterprise Servers group 'cn=Exchange Enterprise Servers,cn=Users,DC=Shiprepair,DC=com' in Active Directory.
    Warning: The Exchange Domain Servers group 'cn=Exchange Domain Servers,cn=Users,DC=Shiprepair,DC=com' does not contain the local computer 'CN=SDEXCHSRV02,CN=Computers,DC=SDSR,DC=Shiprepair ,DC=com'. If the local computer is not running Exchange Server 2003, this is not a problem.

- Public Folder DS/IS Check (PubFoldCheck)
    PubFoldCheck finds and fixes incorrect Access Control Lists (ACLs) on public folders, verifies that every public folder in the Exchange 5.5 public store has a corresponding public folder object in the Exchange 5.5 directory, and removes public folders in the Exchange 5.5 directory that do not have a corresponding object in the Exchange 5.5 public store.

PubFoldCheck completed successfully.

#*** Exdeploy finished: 12/20/2005 07:24:40 ***#
Working...
X