SSL Updated - Small Tech Issue

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SSL Updated - Small Tech Issue

Hello all. I have updated my SSL certificate and installed it on my server. When I go to https://name.domain.com/exchange I no longer get the certificate error and everything works great I go right to the OWA login and it kicks butt. GREAT!

Issue...I have one XP Pro computer that automatically does an e-mail every morning of a report. The day after I updated the SSL certificate in IIS of the server that holds all my exchange mail stuff I get an error. The error says that the server is using a certificate that can not be verified because it is not in its validitiy period when verifying agains the current system clock or timestamping in the signed file.

I checked the time on the PC and the server which is exactly matched...we have a timer server so that is why they are the same.

I have no idea how to continue in what to check next without running around wasting time.

Thanks
    RC

Re: SSL Updated - Small Tech Issue

I have done some more searching on google and found some other people with similar issues as me using GoDaddy...are they no good as a company do you suppose that is the problem?

Comment

have you checked which certificate the Windows XP client is actually seeing ?

because what you're seeing, if you're reporting it correctly, is a date validitiy problem, not a Root CA problem, or a trust problem.

If the date and time are correct, that suggests to me that the XP client is seeing the wrong certificate.
      Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

The dates on all units are indeed set correctly. If I change the date myelf to 2011 and not 2012 everything works perfect. So I defiitely agree that there is a date related issue.

I am not sure how to "see" what certificate Outlook see's. If I go to https://exchange.myaddress.com/exchange and load the outlook web access and click the LOCK icon I see the certificate details that show the dates from Sept 11, 2012 thro Sept 11, 2014 which are the dates that I renewed for.

So...not sure how to view that in Outlook Express.

Originally posted by tehcamel View Post
        have you checked which certificate the Windows XP client is actually seeing ?

because what you're seeing, if you're reporting it correctly, is a date validitiy problem, not a Root CA problem, or a trust problem.

If the date and time are correct, that suggests to me that the XP client is seeing the wrong certificate.

Comment

go to your outlook profile, and the Outlook anywhere configuration
          have a look at what the "only accept certificate" field is.. maybe something is mismatched in there

make sure the old certifcicates are all definitely unbound.
          Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

FIXED IT Thanks to all of those who answered but I got this fixed on my own. Here is what I did.

After I downloaded and udpated the certificate from GoDaddy in IIS I had to go into the Exchange System manager-go to the POP3 config area-view the certificate information on the POP3-and go through the "renew" option for the certificiate and you get to choose the NEW GoDaddy certificiate from a list and poof that is all it took and everything is working fine.

Thanks
            RC

Comment

Working...
            X