Message bouncing between servers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Message bouncing between servers

We have a client with two branches. The MX record for domain.com points to the HQ. Another to diferent_domain.com is pointing to the branch office. Offices connected via Lan-to-Lan VPN. The branch office 2003 Exchange server has a POP connector set to pull messages from the HQ. The default recipient policy is set with @domain.com and @diferent_domain.com. The second being the default on that server. The server is not responsible for @domain.com. What else... All mail goes thrugh FOPE.

Every now and then a user at the branch office complains they receive NDRs with

The following recipient(s) cannot be reached:
    /O=branch_local_domain/OU=FIRST+20ADMINISTRATIVE+20GROUP/CN=RECIPIENTS/CN=user+2Ename on 10/09/2012 13:02
    A configuration error in the e-mail system caused the message to bounce between two servers or to be forwarded between two recipients. Contact your administrator.
    <domain.com #4.4.6>

At that point the application log says

Category: Categoprizer

Mail could not be delivered to 'smtp:IMCEAex-_O=brunch_local_domain_OU=FIRST+20ADMINISTRATIVE+2 0GROUP_CN=RECIPIENTS_CN=[email protected]_domain.com' because the address points to a local site but there is no recipient in the site with that address.

The user address is user.name not user+2Ename but I guess +2E states for the dot in X400.

That user's primary address is [email protected] and [email protected]_domain.com is one of the nicknames.

Can someone point me where am I getting lost? Many thanks

Re: Message bouncing between servers

There were lot's of contacts in AD in the other office with email addresses of people in the main office. After deleting them I see much less NDRs in the application log with the message as per my previous post. I'm not seeing any with the deleted email contacts addresses. It doesn't explain why it worked before without generating NDRs.

Comment

Working...
    X