Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Exchange 2003 keeps picking up wrong email address?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exchange 2003 keeps picking up wrong email address?

Exchange 2003 keeps picking up wrong email address

No matter what I change in the user settings it constantly picks up the wrong email address.

The mailbox is setup and the alias in place. Any ideas?

Where does exchange pick up the email address from?

Re: Exchange 2003 keeps picking up wrong email address?

Can you please give an example (preferably with screenshots)

Are you sure its not outlook picking up the wrong address as you type it (from the NK2) file?
    If so, just press delete when the address is automatically displayed
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Originally posted by Ossian View Post
      Can you please give an example (preferably with screenshots)

Are you sure its not outlook picking up the wrong address as you type it (from the NK2) file?
      If so, just press delete when the address is automatically displayed
      Ok so when I create the account for Joe Bloggs it automatically brings up the account [email protected] yet I have this users account set up as [email protected]

Even when I change this manually then hit apply it does not set it and simply reverts back to [email protected]

Comment

What happens when you go to the email address tab in ADUC and set it there (removing default address generation if required)
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Originally posted by Ossian View Post
          What happens when you go to the email address tab in ADUC and set it there (removing default address generation if required)
          This is within ADUC I am adding the user. The email accounts/alias' are set up through BT Connect and there is no trace there of the [email protected] account there .. baffling!

Where would I remove the default address generation? (2003 Exchange) Took a goole/look there but cant pin point it

Comment

The email value on the General tab has no impact on the operation of Exchange for email. That is an Active Directory setting, which I think Exchange "corrects". It isn't anything I have ever touched.

If you want to change the email address for the user, then you need to modify it on the Email Addresses tab.

I don't understand where BT Connect is involved in this? Are you using their email server, or Exchange? Or is this one of those instances using a POP3 Connector?

Simon.
            --
            Simon Butler
            Exchange MVP

Blog: http://blog.sembee.co.uk/
            More Exchange Content: http://exchange.sembee.info/
            Exchange Resources List: http://exbpa.com/
            In the UK? Hire me: http://www.sembee.co.uk/

Sembee is a registered trademark, used here with permission.

Comment

Working...
            X